One day you find your browsers home page and default search engine are changed to Websearch.searc-hall.info without your permission. You maybe confused with it and want to know how your computer gets infected with it. Let’s talk about the problems.
Explanation of Websearch.searc-hall.info
It is classified as a browser hijacker virus which usually promoted via free downloads. Websearch.searc-hall.info seems like it is a genuine and really helpful search providers for it provides many search services. However it is potentially unwanted. Websearch.searc-hall.info usually comes into users computer bundled with third parties. Websearch.searc-hall.info can corrupt all the most common used browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. You should be careful once you encountered with this hijacker.
Signs of Websearch.searc-hall.info Infection
1. Browser default homepage and search engine are changed to Websearch.searc-hall.info without any knowledge and permission.
2. Search results are constantly redirected to unknown websites. When you click on certain search results, the web pages are redirected to websites that have nothing to do with those you intend to visit.
3. Unknown toolbars, plug-ins or extensions appear your browsers, which you don’t know and have never installed.
4. Network speed gets slower and sometimes the network is disconnected without appear reason.
5. New website URLs are added to the Favorite folder.
6. Lots of ads and deals pop up on the web pages that you visit. Those pops up appear almost on every page that you browse, especially on websites like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, and Best Buy.
How to remove Websearch.searc-hall.info manually:
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the Websearch.searc-hall.info in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the Websearch.searc-hall.info and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the Websearch.searc-hall.info in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
1. Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find Websearch.searc-hall.info in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab; put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.